About the Spring Fire Department
Spring Fire Department protects approximately 100 square
miles bordered by the Harris/Montgomery County line to the
north, Humble to the east, Cypress Creek to the south and
Klein to the west.
Our department is made up
30 apparatus, 100+ current members which are divided
7 fire stations. Our department is numbered in the
70's series which identifies us as Spring Volunteer Fire
Department to the Cypress Creek EMS Communications Center
who dispatches for us. We operate on a frequency of
For more information check
out our Frequently Asked Questions
Spring Fire Department
received their charter in May 1953 starting with
seven (7) members as the
Spring Volunteer Fire Association.
Association was funded by private donations and pledges for
twenty years. One of the first stations was in Old
Town Spring located at the Bayer Lumber Yard. Our
apparatus were donated to us by other city departments.
Thirty (30) years later in
1983, Harris County Rural Fire Prevention District No. 1 was
formed which provided a tax board and a budget based on tax
rolls rather than private donations and pledges.
With the ever increasing
demands to provide service, in 1997, our community voted to
Emergency Services District No.7 which replaced Rural
Fire Prevention District No. 1 and more than doubled our
annual revenue. Click here for historical and